Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Canterbury Earthquake Tuesday 22 February

My heart goes out to everyone affected by the earthquake that has struck Canterbury in the South Island just over one and a half hours ago. I am in front of my television now watching in utter shock. As this earthquake struck in the peak of lunch time I fear that there might be loss of life, however I hope with all my heart that I am wrong. The previous large quake that struck on 4 September 2010 was in the early hours of the morning when most families were asleep and together and amazingly there were no casualties. I can't think of anything worse than this happening when families are dotted about the city at school and work etc.

I feel absolutely helpless at a time when you want to do all you can for your fellow NZ'ers.

xx

1 comment:

  1. So sad isn't it - my heart goes out to everyone there. Confirmed loss of life now :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! Have a fab day.